Location: 3620 Lanaken, Belgium.
Notes About My Experience:
- Arrived late after nearly 1,000 kilometres of travel from the South of France. I was too late for dinner, but I was very thankful for the help from the friendly receptionist and the chef that allowed me to have dinner even after the regular kitchen hours.
- Their restaurant, La Source, has a Michelin-star and is run by Ralf Berendsen. Excellent three-course menu with professional service by the staff. High level of creativity and in my opinion this restaurant could deserve a second star based on the food. The only thing I didn’t like was the passive smoke. As far as I remember, it is the only Michelin-starred restaurant I’ve been to that allows people to smoke at some of the tables. I thought those days were long gone and I, unfortunately, had to move inside on this beautiful summer day.
- My room was beautiful and contemporary, different from most Relais & Châteaux that tend to be quite “old school”. Comfortable bed, complimentary high-speed internet, rain shower, bathtub with Tv, and flat screen Tv in the bedroom were just some of the things the room had to offer.
- All the receptionist were excellent. Friendly and service minded. It is very important in a hotel experience as it’s the very first and last impression of a stay.
- I liked the garden where I had a nice walk and a feel of being in the Belgian countryside.
Duration of Stay/Visit: One night.
Why did I Select This Hotel? It’s membership of Relais & Châteaux.
My Opinion: Great experience.
I do short write-up’s about my experiences. You can visit their official website for more information.