When travelling almost every day for 3½ years, you get to try lots of restaurants. Here is my to 10 favourites as January 3rd, 2014, in no particular order.
1. &Samhoud places Restaurant, Amsterdam (2 Michelin stars)
A fantastic gastronomic experience in Amsterdam. This funny-named restaurant has relaxed atmosphere, open kitchen and excellent service from the passionate staff.
2. Rossellinis, Ravello (2 Michelin stars)
Palazzo Sasso’s restaurant has 2 well-deserved Michelin stars and the best dessert in the world.
3. La Terraza del Casino, Madrid (2 Michelin stars)
When food becomes art. La Terraza del Casino is a very formal restaurant with top professional service and of course excellent food.
4. Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester, London (3 Michelin stars)
This was my 2nd visit to a Alain Ducasse restaurant with 3 Michelin stars (first in Monaco) and it’s an experience not to forget. High attention to detail and top professional service.
5. Hertog Jan, Bruges (3 Michelin stars)
The best vegetables I have ever had. Hertog Jan is a small restaurant with big focus on vegetables.
6. Fasano Restaurant, Sao Paulo
Voted the 49th best restaurant in the world and best in South America, Fasano is an excellent experience and a very beautiful restaurant.
7. Singita Sasakwa Lodge Restaurant, Tanzania
Twice a week, the fishermen at Singita Sasakwa Lodge board a private plane to secure fresh fish for the guests. This has been voted the best hotel in the world by Travel + Leisure and it is incredible to eat Michelin-quality food in the middle of nowhere.
8. Sra Bua by Kiin Kiin at Siam Kempinski, Bangkok
9. Het Roode Koper, Ermelo, Holland (Relais & Châteaux)
10. Kabuki Wellington, Madrid (1 Michelin star)
See the full list at my Pinterest-profile
Best value: Onyx, Budapest (1 Michelin star). 3 Course-lunch for less than 20 euros.